- Use Your Library – Healthy circulation statistics and program participation go a long way towards ensuring the future of your local library.
- Adopt-A-Book – Here is a very personal way to contribute to your local library and an opportunity to honour someone of your choice. Library staff have compiled lists of titles that they would like to add to the collections. All you have to do is select a title or a subject, fill in our form and provide payment. In return, a personalized name plate will be placed in the book, you will receive a tax receipt for the amount donated, and you get to be the first person to read your selection.
- Contribute to the New Brunswick Public Library Foundations current fund raising campaign and other local fund raising events, such as book sales and silent auctions. Make a bequest or a memorial donation.
Donate books you no longer need. Some may be processed for our collections. Others may raise money for the library by being sold at Book Ends (in the Central Branch) or the annual book sale.
We CAN use…
- gently used books, cds, videos, DVD’s, maps
- juvenile, young adult, adult materials
- paperbacks and hardcovers
- regular and large print books
- books on cassette or CD
- materials in French
- special interest encyclopedias e.g. Grzimek’s Animal Life * Encyclopedia
Sorry, but we CANNOT use…
- moldy, musty or damp items
- books that have been marked using highlighter pen
- books with pages missing
- books with food or drink stains
- material containing outdated medical, legal or business information
- textbooks over five years old
- “Readers Digest” condensed books
- most magazines over three years old
- general encyclopedias over ten years old