HOURS OF OPERATION FOR MEETING ROOMS:
|Monday||9:00 am||4:45 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am||4:45 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am||8:45 pm|
|Thursday ||9:00 am||8:45 pm |
|Friday||9:00 am ||4:45 pm |
|*Saturday ||9:00 am ||4:45 pm|
*Closed Saturdays, mid-June to mid-September
ROOM #1: (20’x14’) & ROOM #2: (20’x 12’)
For smaller meetings, both rooms 1 & 2 accommodate up to 20 people reception/theatre style, or 12 people conference style.
Commercial = $50.00/rental session Non-Profit = $10.00/rental session
ROOM #3: (42’ x 48’)
For larger meetings, room 3 accommodates up to 100 people reception/theatre style, or 30 people conference style.
Commercial = $75.00/rental session
Non-Profit = $25.00/rental session
*The prices reflect a single rental session.
Sessions are: 9:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.; or 5:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. (or any part thereof)
Food & Beverage Surcharge: $5.00
Room Teardown Surcharge: $10.00
The following can be reserved at no extra charge...
** Wi-Fi available through-out the Library.
- Data & Video Projector
- DVD player
** Groups must have their own laptop to connect to library projectors..
ROOM BOOKING PROCEDURES:
- Bookings can be made by calling the Central Library at 506-643-7238.
- Contact name, address, & telephone number must be provided at time of booking.
- Bookings can be made up to 6 months in advance.
- Meeting rooms cannot be reserved for more than 3 consecutive days without approval from the Library Board.
Room bookings can be paid in advance, before/after meeting, or an invoice can be issued (if requested). Payments may be cash or cheque, payable to the Saint John Free Public Library. Debit/Credit cards not accepted.
- Cancellations must be made at least 2 business days in advance, or full cost of room rental will be charged.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a booking, giving adequate notice and cause.
- If the Library is closed due to weather conditions or an emergency situation, all room bookings are automatically cancelled. Such closure is announced, as soon as possible, with the cooperation of the local media.
- Rooms may be reserved for business meetings, classes, educational & cultural purposes only (no private parties).
- Rooms are arranged in a standard set-up. Groups are able to re-arrange room/equipment but failure to return room to standard set-up, will result in a $10.00 surcharge.
- While Groups are welcome to have food/beverages in the meeting rooms, there will be a $5.00 surcharge.
- Your event must not interfere in any way with the normal operations of the Library.
- The Library is not liable for any accident or injury, damage, theft or loss of property owned by or leased to any Groups using the facilities.
- Permission to rent meeting rooms is at the discretion of the City Librarian.
- Please report any inadvertent damage; you/your Group will be advised of cost for repair, replacement or special cleaning.
- Future room bookings for any Group causing damage or failing to comply with these policies and procedures may be cancelled.
The Saint John Free Public Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meeting room users.